Saturday, September 18, 2010

What is this about??

This blog is all about my experience in the world of autograph collecting.  I will attempt to focus on why I collect, tips on collecting, and the reality of the business of autograph collecting.  I will also post information on upcoming signings and give my own rating of how these popular American figures are with regards to autograph seekers wherever they might sign.

I have about 2000 autographs in my collection, mostly of athletes.  Over half of my collection are from people in baseball.  After that I have collected autographs from athletes in football, basketball, hockey. I also have some from local and national political figures.  What I am most proud of is that all but 15 autographs in my entire collection were acquired in person.  And I have only paid for about 25% of my total collection.

I hope to post at least once a week.  My next posting will be focused on what to do when you meet a player, how to ask for an autograph, what I have found to be appropriate and the types of conversations I have had with athletes.

No comments:

Post a Comment