Sunday, September 18, 2011

Chasing the Movie Star

For one person who does not particularly like movies (The only time I watch a movie is if it was made prior to 1996, or is a Disney movie my daughter wants to see.), it is no surprise most of my autographs come from athletes.  However, I do have some autographs from actors in the movies Return of the Jedi (My favorite movie in the Star Wars series) and How Do You Know.  In fact one of those is Jack Nicholson.  Now, this is still of no major interest to me, however, movie star autographs are highly valuable and frankly, not as available, and there is a strong market for them.


Autographed Return of the Jedi poster.  Signed by Kenny Baker (R2D2), Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca), Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett) and 2 other actors.
In the past few years, Boston has been the backdrop, and setting for many movies.  Many famous stars have come to Boston to film their productions.  And honestly, from most accounts, these people are easy to find and sometimes accessible.  Now I'm not going to stalk an actor/actress, as I have athletes, but if I know someone will be at a location, at a particular time, and I have a good chance to pick up an autograph from say, a Tom Cruise, Drew Barrymore or Jack Nicholson, I might check it out.  So, have your star scrap book ready, a sharpie in hand and maybe a camera.  You may not only be an extra in a movie, you might add to your movie star autograph collection.

How Do You Know Poster autographed by Jack Nicholson, Owen Wilson, Paul Rudd and 2 other people.



No comments:

Post a Comment