Saturday, October 12, 2013

Prospects to Playoffs

Everyone who reads this blog, knows I preach to take advantage of the opportunity to get free or cheap autographs from athletes in their prospect/rookie days.  Yeah, you're always taking a risk, but the reality is that more often than not, top rookies and prospects will have a long term impact on their respective games.  The reward is far more gratifying than having an autograph of a player who doesn't make it. You can say you met a player, most likely had a good interaction and hopefully make your autograph collecting experience more fun and maybe more valuable.

As I look at this year's remaining MLB playoff teams and my personal collection I realized I have many autographs from remaining players, all of which I acquired during the player minor league days.  The autographs are in great shape and, moreover, enhance the sentimental and financial value of the pieces.  I hope this motivates you to consider taking the risk in the future.


Anibal Sanchez and Jon Lester Signed baseballs.  Both acquired when they pitched for the AA Portland Sea Dogs

Clay Buchholz and Hanley Ramirez signed baseballs from Clay's days with the Lowell Spinners and Hanley's days at AA Portland Maine.
Jacoby Ellsbury signed ball from his days with the AA Portland Seadogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment